In this article, we’ll review the Bob Revolution Flex Vs. SE Stroller and see which one comes out on top!
Related: Bob revolution flex vs pro
Related: Uppababy G Luxe vs Maclaren Quest
Young, active parents often wish to go out jogging or show a desire to participate in physical activities.
But are often seen to contemplate that decision because of small kids or toddlers at home.
To the rescue comes Bob revolution with two great models of strollers- Revolution Flex and Revolution SE.
Both the strollers are quite similar in terms of their features and attributes, but they also have unique characteristics. Let’s discuss this in-depth.
What Is Bob Revolution Flex Stroller?
- Smooth ride: Suspension system & air filled tires provide an ultra-smooth ride over any terrain
- Perfect fit: Adjustable handlebar creates the perfect fit for parents of all heights; No-rethread harness design for easy height adjustments
- Extra space: 6 storage pockets & extra-large cargo basket provide plenty of room for your gear; Includes a cell phone pocket at the handlebar
- Kid comfort: Ultra-padded compression seat with infinite recline sits fully upright for all-day comfort, and lays near-flat with the push of a button
- Travel system ready: Compatible with most major brand car seats with the use of a BOB infant car seat adapter (sold separately)
If you love hiking and camping, this stroller can come along as it has a superior suspension system, quite like mountain bikes.
The stroller weighs 28.5 lbs. but can carry a weight up to 75 lbs., therefore can be used over a longer period when your child is growing.
The extra-padded seat is designed for the maximum comfort of your baby.
A notable feature is that it has just one button for easy reclining to the full flat and seat-up position.
When to use Bob Revolution Flex Stroller?
The features of the Bob Revolution Flex Stroller indicate that it can be carried along while you are stepping out for camping or hiking.
The 16-inch rear wheels and 12-inch front wheel are filled with air.
The locking front swivel wheels ensure smooth maneuvering of the stroller while you are taking a strenuous hike.
Safety is of utmost priority.
Therefore, both the strollers come with a 5-point safety harness, which is the gold standard according to the market.
You get an additional wrist strap to fasten around your hands to have an extra grip while hiking or jogging.
The multiple pockets help you carry knick-knacks while on a long stroll.
What Is Bob Revolution SE Stroller?
- Swiveling front wheel allows for superior maneuverability, locks forward for increased stability jogging or when the terrain turns tough
- Easy, two step folding, lightweight frame for convenient transport and storage
- State of the art, adjustable suspension system provides an exceptionally smooth ride
- Accessory adapter allows for quick and easy attachment of BOB Infant car seat adapter or snack tray
- Ultra padded, adjustable reclining seat for enhanced seating comfort, 5 point padded harness keeps your child comfortably secure
To begin with, the canopy, although smaller than Revolution Flex, has five positions and covers almost 125 degrees and this too has a peek-a-boo window for close monitoring.
The weight of the stroller is 25 lbs. and can carry a maximum weight of 70 lbs.
The seat is padded well but has only a limited capacity to recline.
The brakes are slightly challenging to use, especially if you are wearing flip-flops.
To make sure you have enough support on the handle, it is padded and has a wrist strap.
If you’d like to add some easy storage options, you can also attach a stroller organizer.
When to use Bob Revolution SE Stroller?
This Bob Revolution SE Stroller has a few limitations, which restricts its usage.
For instance, the handles are not adjustable and are placed at a height of 40 inches from the ground.
Which means people with height above that can use it.
The shock absorbers are excellent when you are going on a run or jog.
The lightweight frame and comparatively compact structure make it easier to carry around.
Both the strollers have recliner seats, which are well-padded and with water-proof canopies that have small windows.
In our opinion, this stroller can be best used for jogging and walking on a not-so-sunny or bright day.
Main Differences Between Bob Revolution Flex and SE Stroller
Although the features are quite similar, there are a few notable differences.
- The Windows is the canopy with a covering attached via Velcro is SE, but the cover is magnetic in Flex.
- The canopy has full coverage in Flex with UPF 50+ and has just 125-degree coverage in the SE stroller.
- The price of the SE stroller is higher than the Flex stroller.
- The structure is slightly narrower in the SE stroller than the Flex stroller.
- The handlebar can be adjusted to 9 heights in Flex Stroller, whereas the handlebar is fixed in SE stroller.
- The maximum weight Flex can carry 75 lbs. but SE can carry 70 lbs.
- Flex’s weight is 28.5 lbs. but SE is 25 lbs. which is 3.5 lbs. lighter.
Conclusion & Recommendation
When we compared the two strollers, we concluded that Bob Revolution Flex Stroller is more user friendly and versatile than the Bob Revolution SE Stroller.
The protective features of Flex are what you should be considering before making a choice.
With multiple advantages like low budget, height suitability for all, and most importantly capable of carrying even grown-up toddlers, we strongly recommend Bob Revolution Flex Stroller to every parent out there.
Video of Revolution Flex
Video of Revolution SE