In this article, we’ll review the Britax Advocate VS Britax Boulevard and see which one comes out on top!
A convertible baby car seat is one of the essential things the parents require through the first few years of the little one. If you own a car, it is very obvious that you would travel short and long distances in your car.
Leaving a baby behind during that time is not even an option. But the car seats are for adults, which might be very uncomfortable for the baby, and thus baby car seats are so much in demand in the market these days.
There are so many companies and features to choose from—quite a hectic task. Here, the Britax Advocate and the Britax Boulevard are both terrific competitors to each other. We have listed all the information to know who wins the battle of Britax Advocate VS Britax Boulevard.
What is Britax Advocate Car Seat?
- Easy installation: patented click tight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: quick adjust 14 position harness with click and safe snug indicator gives a click sound when the harness is tight
- Adjust accurately: harness indicator gives an audible click when you’ve pulled to the proper tightness
- Surrounded in safety: 3 layers of side impact protection, quick adjust head protection, steel frame and impact absorbing base
- Fits: rear facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds; dimensions: 23 x 20.5 x 23.5 inches (LxWxH)
The Britax Advocate Car Seat itself looks like a safe and robust option for your baby. It not only looks safe but also provides three padded layers of side impact protection.
The Britax Advocate makers claim that it has also been put through a crash test and passed quite nicely.
The addition of a steel-reinforced frame and energy-absorbing foam base makes it safer for your little one. There is more to it. It offers an indicator that tells you whether the recline is correct for your baby or not and hence can be used for a longer time as your baby grows.
When to use the Britax Advocate Car Seat?
Go for this car seat if you are looking for an extremely safe and sturdy seat for your little one. Britax Advocate Car Seat is a durable car seat that promises 10-year shelf life. If you are worried about whether or not this car seat will be able to carry your baby, rest assured as it can hold babies up to 65 lbs easily.
What is Britax Boulevard Car Seat?
- Easy installation: Patented click tight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: Quick adjust 14 position harness with click and safe, snug indicator gives a click sound when the harness is tight
- Adjust accurately: Harness indicator gives an audible click when you’ve pulled to the proper tightness.Shoulder Width:16 inch
- Surrounded in safety: 2 layers of side impact protection, steel frame and impact absorbing base
- Fits: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds; dimensions: 23 x 18.5 x 23.5 inches (LxWxH)
The Britax Boulevard Car Seat has kept up to the safety precautions with the Britax Advocate. The only difference is that it offers two layers of side impact protection, whereas the Britax Advocate provides three.
The Britax Boulevard comes with a steel-reinforced frame and impacts absorbing foam base.
While attaching the harness, an audible click is heard, which ensures that the baby is safe. The seven different reclining positions help your child to get the most comfortable and safest.
When to use the Britax Boulevard Car Seat?
If you are looking for a car seat with an indicator to ensure that the seat is fixed correctly. Britax Boulevard Car Seat is a V-shaped tether that successfully eliminates the seat’s chance of getting shifted in case of a crash. It is also easy to clean and offers a machine-washable car seat cover.
Main Differences between Britax Advocate and Britax Boulevard
Britax Advocate offers three layers of protection, whereas the Britax Boulevard offers only two layers of side impact protection.
- The Britax Boulevard is heavier, weighing 30.6 pounds than Britax Advocate with a weight of 29.4 pounds.
- Considering what features both offers, the Britax Advocate is regarded as pricier than the Britax Boulevard.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Choosing the right and safest convertible car seat for your kid can be a pretty daunting task, and also, you do not want to waste your money on something useless. Picking one between two great convertible car seats, too, from the same brand can be much of a mere headache. Also, getting a car seat tray can be pretty helpful to keep your kids engaged in the back seat.
To sum up, what stands the most important while choosing a car seat is your child’s safety, and as a parent, no one should compromise on that. In that prospect, Britax Advocate Car Seat takes the trophy as it provides three layers of side impact protection and other safety characteristics.
Best Britax Advocate
Best Britax Boulevard