In this article, we’ll review the Chicco Nextfit VS Britax Advocate and see which one comes out on top!
Purchasing a car seat ought to be complicated. There are convertible options, infant car seats, and all in one seat to add to the confusion. For new and inexperienced parents, it ought to be very hard.
In this article, we will detail everything about the Chicco Nextfit and Britax Advocate car seats. Both are quite similar to each other but are divided by a few differences, and we are going to note down all the features and differences of these two to make it easier for you to make the right decision.
What Is Chicco Nextfit?
- #1-Rated infant car seat in America
- Easiest to install with ReclineSure levelling, ride Right bubble levels, and super Cinch LATCH tightened
- Removable newborn head and body support
- 5-Point harness with one-pull tightened
- Compatible with Chicco strollers for travel system use
The Chicco Nextfit is made by keeping safety and easy installation in mind. Thus, not only are you going to have an easy time putting your child in the car but also rest assured about your little one’s safety.
The seat has nine different reclining positions and also changes easily from rear-facing to forward-facing. It comes with a SuperCinch system that allows the parent to tighten as much as needed to ensure zero movements once installed.
The Chicco Nextfit is built for growing children as the headrest can be adjusted to nine different positions. Also, there comes a cup holder attached to the seat.
When to Use Chicco Nextfit?
When you are looking for more reclining positions, two comfortable and different ways to install, a standard infant support insert, and easy to carry, the Chicco Nextfit is a clear win. Not only that, but it also offers up to the mark seating with proper padding.
The seat fits perfectly to any car seat and too wide enough to provide comfort to your kid.
What Is Britax Advocate?
- SafeWash: Cover is safe to machine wash and dry, with a knit construction that is naturally flame retardant
- Easy installation: Patented ClickTight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt. Shoulder width is 16 inches
- Surrounded in safety: 3 layers of side impact protection, steel frame, and impact absorbing base
- No rethreading, ever: Quick adjust 14 position harness with Click and Safe Snug Indicator gives a click sound when the harness is tight
- Fits: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds; Dimensions: 23 x 20 x 23.5 inches (LxWxH)
Britax Advocate is known for making top-notch car seats. One such car seat is the Britax Advocate. Just like the other car seats from this brand, the Britax Advocate also features the ClickTight installation system.
It does not require a separate latch to attach and hence is a great plus point for some families. Besides its excellent safety and installation features, it also has to offer an impact-absorbing base for added safety and comfort. It provides 14 positions of the headrest so that it is usable with the growing toddlers. It can easily be transformed from rear-facing to front-facing and also come with seven various reclining positions.
When To Use Britax Advocate?
- If you are looking for a safe car seat with multiple layers of protection and a steel-reinforced frame.
- When you want a seat with the various reclining position for your fast-growing toddler.
- If you want to use a car seat for a longer time as it supports children up to 65 pounds of weight.
Main Difference Between Chicco Nextfit VS Britax Advocate
- The Chicco Nextfit is slimmer as compared to the Britax advocate.
- The Britax Advocate car seat offers the ClickTight installation system, which makes it easier to install than the Chicco Nextfit.
- Considering the rating of these two car seats, the Britax Advocate is rated four stars in the read facing category. On the other hand, Chicco Netfit has rated the same but on the forward-facing category.
Conclusion and Recommendation:
Both these car seats Chicco Nectfit and the Britax Advocate are excellent choices for any parent looking for a convertible car seat. Although installing the Britax Advocate is undoubtedly better than that of Chicco Nextfit, installing the latter is not a very hard task either.
There are many aspects similar as well as different between these two car seats. Go through them thoroughly before concluding. For us to judge, we would vote the Chicco Nestfit as it is lighter in weight, offers more reclining positions, cheaper, comes with an infant support insert, and lastly, the installation is not a challenging task.
Best Chicco Nextfit
Best Britax Advocate