Do you have an invite and wonder, Do You Bring A Gift To A Gender Reveal Party?
Who doesn’t love parties?
Getting the chance to dress up, go somewhere, and have fun with friends and family is always a good trip.
For most parties, it is customary to bring something to the host to show your appreciation.
How about a gender reveal party?
You may be wondering should I bring a gift to a gender reveal party?
Here are some of the things that you should keep in mind.
Related: Do men go to baby showers
Do You Bring A Gift To A Gender Reveal Party?
A gender reveal party is kind of a big deal. It is when parents-to-be share whether they are having a boy or girl with close friends and family.
Unlike a baby shower, which mostly involves the soon-to-be mother and her female friends, a gender reveal party also involves the soon-to-be dad and other male influences.
The expectant parents usually throw the gender reveal party for other people to celebrate the good news.
It can be a simple party with lots of food, fun games to play, and space to do the gender reveal in style.
Most parents opt just to pop balloons with different colored confetti inside, depending on whether it’s a boy or a girl.
Another popular way to announce a child’s gender is by using a cake.
Cake reveals include coloring the inside of the cake with either blue or pink that is revealed only when the parents cut the cake.
For the more adventurous parents, dropping color bombs everywhere is the perfect way to announce to the world the gender of the child.
However it is done, gender reveal parties are all sorts of fun and look great in photos and videos.
Usually, the parents already know what’s coming, but some choose to be surprised along with their guests.
Unlike a baby shower, which generally happens in the third trimester, a gender reveal party is usually done within the first trimester and is pretty casual.
In addition, one can add these parties simultaneously to avoid inconveniencing other people too much.
Even so, it is good to bring a gift or two.
Gender reveal party gift ideas
While bringing a gift to a gender reveal party is not really necessary, it is just good etiquette to come with something.
To be on the safe side, you should tailor your gift for the expectant mom.
Some great gift ideas include:
- A ‘World’s Greatest Mom’ or ‘Mom-To-Be’ mug and T-shirt set. The mug can come together with a supply of their favorite drink, such as teabags. You can also include a little something for dad here.
- A mani-pedi kit for those days that the mom-to-be wants to feel pretty as the pregnancy progresses. Alternatively, you can get her an unlimited gift card at a local salon for the same for the duration of her pregnancy.
- Comfy clothing, which she’ll need as her pregnant belly gets bigger. This includes a warm, fancy robe, fuzzy slippers, free size pants, and tops.
- Most women crave sweet things when pregnant, so why not get her a basket of great chocolates and sweets? She’ll definitely love that, and you can be adding to it from time to time.
- Get the expectant mother a much-needed spa date where she can be pampered and made to feel like royalty.
Gender reveal parties are fun, little pockets of time where you get to celebrate a new girl or boy with the parents.
It’s quite informal for the most part, so you may find yourself asking should I bring a gift to a gender reveal party.
While there are no rules that say you must, why not bring a little something?
It will show your appreciation and create a memory that the parents-to-be can always remember and enjoy.
Related Post: 10 Best Hockey Gifts For Boys 2021
Iesha is a loving mother of 2 beautiful children. She’s an active parent who enjoys indoor and outdoor adventures with her family. Her mission is to share practical and realistic parenting advice to help the parenting community becoming stronger.
The Mothers Community is a place to connect with women who are at a similar stages in life–from fertility, pregnancy and motherhood through to menopause.
Join a community who are there to listen, share information and offer valuable advice. Join Community
Take matters into your own hands! Expert advice for Fertility, Pregnancy and Motherhood! Discover More Here