Are you wondering about how to clean a pack and play?
Trust us; you are not the first parent to ask this question.
With all the dirt kids drag to the pack and play, from food particles to dirty toys and the accumulation of dust, we are always concerned about the baby’s health.
Fortunately, cleaning a pack and play is pretty much straightforward, even if it is your first time.
We have a complete guide to cleaning a pack and play that you can always refer to.
How to Clean a Pack and Play
There are different cleaning methods for a pack and play, depending on how dirty it is. You can always choose to use one method or switch between these.
1. Scrubbing it Down
This is the easiest and quickest way of cleaning a pack and play. For this method, you will need:
- Warm water
- Half a cup of baby-safe detergent
- A soft scrubbing brush
- Bring the pack and play to the cleaning area, preferably the bathroom or outdoor space you don’t mind getting wet.
- Take off the cover of the mattress, if it has one, and wash it by hand or using a washing machine.
- Mix the detergent with warm water and use the solution to scrub the pack and play, inside and out. Do not forget to scrub the mattress.
- Rinse the mattress and the pack and play thoroughly with clean water. You can use a hosepipe to make your work easier.
- Air Dry both the mattress and the pack and play in the sun.
When scrubbing down the pack and play, you should do it during the warm weather to ensure it dries completely.
Editorial pick: 7 Best Play Kitchen Accessories For Children 2021
2. Deep Cleaning
Are you dealing with a filthy pack and play? Maybe it has been lying in the garage for a long time.
Or you have not washed it in a long time. Or, perhaps, you decided to buy a second-hand pack and play to save on cost.
Whatever the reason, deep cleaning is the best method for a pack and play that’s very dirty.
For deep cleaning, gather the below-cleaning items:
- 120ml or half a cup of baby-safe detergent
- 60ml or a quarter cup of baking soda
- 60ml or a quarter cup of vinegar
- Remove the mattress from the pack and play, fold it up and place both in your bathtub. If the tub is not large enough to accommodate both, you can start with either.
- Fill the tub with warm water and add the detergent, baking soda, and vinegar.
- Leave the mattress and the pack and play to soak in the tub for at least an hour. If they are not fully submerged in the water, you can leave them to soak for 30 minutes and flip to the other side for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the pack and play and the mattress in the tub or with a hosepipe.
- If you are dealing with a case of stubborn dirt, soak the pack and play and the mattress in warm soapy water again, and rinse after an hour or longer for proper cleaning.
- Air-dry the pack and play and the mattress in the sun.
3. Spot Cleaning
On those days when the pack and play and the mattress are not quite dirty to warrant deep cleaning or scrubbing, you can use the spot cleaning method.
This is an effective method when you are dealing with spots of dirt or spilled food and drinks.
You will need:
- Spray bottle
- Baby-safe detergent
- White vinegar
- Add 1 part water, detergent, and 1 part white vinegar to the spray bottle to make a cleaning solution.
- Spray the areas with spots of dirt and let them soak for a few minutes.
- Let the pack and play air dry.
This method is ideal for the frame of the pack and play. For the mattress cover, hand or machine wash it to ensure it is well maintained.
You no longer have to keep your baby from the pack and play because you have no idea how to clean a pack and play.
Using the above three methods, you can ensure it is maintained well throughout the year, and your baby will always have a safe space to play.
Related Post: Can I Use Baby Wipes on My Face
The MUTU System is an proven online fitness program for pregnancy and every step of motherhood aimed at Pre and Postnatal Care.
The MUTU System is Medically proven to prevent and heal all types of moms who want to give their bodies a push.
(In fact, Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, has been reported to use the MUTU System to regain her body size after giving birth)
Take matters into your own hands for faster results. Discover More Here