The difficulty of opening Graco strollers is a regular criticism. It is impossible to overstate how important it is to know which latches and levers to push or pull. But you can quickly master the fundamental procedures.
Are you a new mom who is having trouble with how to open Graco stroller?
If yes, you’re in the right place. It will interest you to know that you’re not the only one having difficulty determining how to open the device, especially when the baby is crying, and you’ve got a lot on your hands.
According to statistics, over 90 percent of mothers own at least one stroller, but many still find it hard to use.
It may look impossible to handle, but it’s not. All you need is to understand how it works.
Know the right buttons to press and the directions to push. Once you get the trick, it will be a walk in the park.
How to Open Graco Stroller
To understand how to open a Graco stroller, you must first know the different models and types.
The basic ones are the single stroller and the double stroller.
From the name, you can guess what kind of stroller this is. It is designed for one child at a time.
- Ensure the stroller is well positioned on the floor, with the wheels on the ground and the handle facing upwards. If it’s not well placed on the ground, you will take a long time trying to open it.
- Press the buttons on the handle sidebars. This will help keep the handle in place. Ensure that you pull the handlebar up till you hear that click sound.
- Release the latches at the sides. The good thing about Graco strollers is that they consist of plastic latches that help keep the stroller together. This way, it’s easy for you to carry the stroller around even when it’s not in use.
- Put a hand on the tray top and the other on the handlebar. Then push both in the opposite direction. Push until you hear that click. The click is a confirmation that the stroll is now ready for use.
The double stroller is designed for two children, a good option if you have twins.
- Same with the single stroller, ensure that the stroller is placed on the ground. The handle should be facing upwards and the wheels down.
- Then, you need to find the storage latch often on the upper part of the stroller in between the handles.
- Next, press an oblong button located on the handlebar. This will open the stroller.
- If it’s your first time using the stroller, it may be hard for you to handle it. So apply enough pressure on the front seat and the handle simultaneously. Once you hear the click sound, your stroller is ready.
How to Open Graco Stroller – A Guide to Opening the Older Models
The older models of Graco strollers are more difficult to open than the newer ones.
There are more steps to follow with the older models, so be ready to spend more time opening it.
- Start with the brakes. Locate a latch close to the wheels behind, then use your leg to push it down. When you do this, the wheels won’t move.
- Next, go to the wheels in front and lock them. By doing this, the wheels won’t turn around.
- Push the stroller forward so that the tires can align. Then after that, pull the stroller lever. Some will require you to move it up, while some will require you to move it down.
- The next step is to pull the hood. Pulling it opens it while pushing closes it.
- You can relax the seats by pushing them backward.
With all these, you can easily open and close the stroller.
You can hold the seat and the back of the stroller at once and then pull them together. This will collapse the stroller.
How to Open Graco Stroller – A Guide to Opening Newer Models
Here’s a look at the newer models of strollers offered by the brans, including the ways on how to open them.
FastAction Fold Stroller
Look for a red strap located around the middle portion of the sitting area.
When you find it, use one hand to clench the strap and hold the rear side of the stroller with another hand.
Then pull both at once till the stroller opens up. Once it opens, you can place the stroller on the ground and use it for your child.
Locate the lever on the left side of the stroller, close to the seat bars. Once you locate it, open the lever.
Hold the handle while opening the lever. As you do this, raise the stroller in your direction. This will let the stroller open up without hassle.
Read a similar posts:
Having a Graco stroller can be a blessing because it relieves you of the heavy load of your babies you have to carry if you don’t have the device.
It only feels frustrating at first when you have no clue how to use it.
How to open Graco stroller isn’t that hard to learn. With the steps above, you can easily open your baby stroller with ease.
So it’s bye-bye to not knowing how to open the device and hello to ease taking care of your babies.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you unfold a Graco stroller?
Unfolding a Graco stroller isn’t as difficult as it seems. It depends on the type and model.
The most important thing is recognizing which type and model you have and then using the steps above to unfold the stroller.
How do you open a Graco Click Connect stroller?
All you have to do is locate the lever on the left side of the stroller. After finding it, open the lever.
Then, hold the handle while opening the lever. As you do this, raise the stroller in your direction. This will open up the stroller.
How do you open an old Graco stroller?
Locate a latch close to the wheels behind, then use your leg to push it down. Lock the wheels in front, then push the stroller forward so that the tires can align.
After that, pull the hood. Adjust the seat by pushing it backward.
Iesha is a loving mother of 2 beautiful children. She’s an active parent who enjoys indoor and outdoor adventures with her family. Her mission is to share practical and realistic parenting advice to help the parenting community becoming stronger.