In this article, we’ll review the Nuna Mixx Vs. Uppababy Cruz and see which one comes out on top!
When you decide upon choosing the right stroller for your child, you may want to consider everyone’s requirements to take your kid out on a stroll. For instance, your husband may want more space not to carry other necessities separately. And your nanny may wish for some good suspension and wheels to be able to take your kid hiking. And you may want nothing but comfort and protection for your child.
If you are looking for all these qualities like well-made, sturdy, stylish, cheap, and easy to carry, in a single model, these are only a few options available in the market. Amongst the few are UPPAbaby CRUZ and Nuna Mixx. This article will look into the various attributes and perhaps help you decide which one is best for you.
What Is Nuna Mixx?
This Nuna Mixx by Nuna has check boxed all that parent’s needs. The high price justifies all the features. It weighs around 26.8 pounds and can withstand up to 50 pounds. It is neat, compact, and luxurious looking. It comes with options of both front and rear- seating. The UPF 50+ sizeable extended canopy and rain cover protects your kid from all seasons.
This is an ideal stroller for newborn babies as it has five recline positions, including a true-flat place. During nap time, the calf support and footrest keeps your child comfortable. The seats are suitable for all seasons, with a winter cover and a breathable, light summer mesh.
When to Use Nuna Mixx?
The Nuna Mixx has a ring adapter, which is used to attach the car seat securely. These car seats are also known as bassinets. Bassinets have sufficient space for the child to be able to sleep overnight comfortably.
Due to its full flat reclining position, the baby can be well-rested even on long road journeys. The foam is well ventilated and ensures sufficient airflow that prevents your child from being hot, sweaty, and cranky. The magnetic cover of the bassinet is known as the Dream Drape.
The stroller comes with a clamshell that can be folded, which prevents the fabric from touching the ground. It has 7.5 inches front wheels and 11 inches rear wheels to give steady support. All-wheels have suspension technology to give your kid a smooth ride on all types of terrains.
What Is Uppababy CRUZ?
- Dual action rear suspension (patent-pending) is designed with two varying springs that respond in unison to soften the ride no matter the child's weight.
- Smaller folded size makes it easier to carry, tuck away or take up less trunk space
- Larger front and rear tires create a smoother ride over tough terrain
- Bigger toddler seat provides added comfort for growing children.
- Zip out fabric extension provides UPF 50+ protection along with privacy during nap time. Top mesh panels allow for quick check-in, along with added airflow.
The Uppababy CRUZ has been trusted by parents over the years. The cabinet is made up of magnesium and aluminum alloy, which makes it lightweight but sturdy, can be easily folded by one hand. When folded, it can stand in the upright position.
The sleek design comes in 100% leather accents and weighs around 21.5 pounds, lower than the Mixx. It can carry up to 50 pounds, but unlike Mixx, the child has to be three months and above age to use it.
When to Use Uppababy CRUZ?
Similar to Mixx, they too have two seating positions- front and rear-facing. They can be taken along on long rides as the footrest, and easy reclining option keeps your child comfortable for hours. Keeping the seat clean should be the least of your worries, as it is easily removable and hand washable.
The canopy of Uppababy CRUZ can be extended and has a UPF 50+ cover. The handlebar is adjustable from 40.5 inches to 43 inches, which gives parents or caregivers a wide range to handle the stroller. You must always buy a car seat tray as they help both kids and aged to keep essentials handy.
Main Differences Between Nuna Mixx And Uppababy CRUZ
- Nuna Mixx can be used from the child is born till they are 50 pounds. But UPPAbaby has a minimum age limitation of 3 months.
- The wheels of UPPAbaby are smaller compared to Mixx, which can give a bumpy ride.
- Mixx has suspension on all wheels, whereas UPPAbaby has suspension only on the front wheels.
- UPPAbaby is slightly cheaper than Mixx, concerning the features and characteristics it offers.
- Mixx has a rain cover for all-season protection, but UPPAbaby does not.
Conclusion & Recommendation
Being a parent, there is a constant pressure of choosing the right product for your baby. You also have to make sure they feel comfortable, and the product does not burn a hole in your pocket.
Considering all these aspects, we suggest you consider the Uppababy CRUZ, as it has all that you need and much more. It is both practical and compact with a luxurious feel and looks. The wheels may feel a little unstable initially, but you will get the hang of it while using.
Video of Nuna Mixx:
Video of UPPAbaby CRUZ:
Best Nuna Mixx
Best Uppababy Cruz