In this article, we’ll review the Uppababy G-Luxe Vs. Maclaren Quest and see which one comes out on top!
Do you see comfort or safety or both in a baby stroller? Usually, parents like to carry a lightweight stroller, which is not just easy to carry but is also smooth on the roads. Kids typically enjoy moving around in a stroller, but they take quick naps too if the walk is too long.
There have been numerous brands in the market that manufacture high-quality strollers with innovative features. Thus, in this article, we will compare two very famous models, Maclaren Quest and the UPPAbaby G-Luxe, and help you make an informed choice.
What is Maclaren Quest Umbrella Stroller?
- The All New Collection Tailored to perfection to reduce weight, improve ergonomics and add style. Features include a redesigned hood with custom-fit apron, streamlined wheels with one step brakes and an elevated seat on an aerodynamic frame.
- Basic weight of 5.5kg/12.2lb; Ideal for newborns and children up to 25kg/55lb
- Every Maclaren includes a premium wind-resistant Rain cover in-the-box; Compatible with the Maclaren Carrycot; Easily replaceable Parts available
- Extendable waterproof/UPF 50+ sun canopy with a built-in sun visor, peak-a-boo window and tailored apron with storage pocket, designed to protect from the elements and keep precious cargo close
- Maclaren is the only brand to offer a Sovereign Lifetime Warranty. To safeguard your investment, you must register your stroller with Maclaren within 60 days of purchase.
Referring Maclaren to be lightweight, iconic, and pioneering stroller weighs just 12.5 pounds. The capacity of the Maclaren Quest Umbrella Stroller is around 55 pounds and is best suitable for new-born too. Both models can be easily folded into a complex structure with just one hand.
The canopy gives exclusive protection from the sun with UPF 50+ and can be extended to pushed-back depending on how much sun your kid is enjoying. The four-wheeler suspension system makes this stroller durable and can last relatively longer.
When to use Maclaren Quest Umbrella Stroller?
This Maclaren Quest Umbrella Stroller is a sporty and compact unit. All the wheels have high-level suspension, which allows excellent stability even on rough, uneven paths. The seats can go to full recline, thus giving your kid an option to nap when you are out for a long time.
When you go hiking or perhaps to a mall, where your hands are overly occupied, the one-button open and close system can be helpful at this moment. This smart unit is best for active parents as it includes a wind-resistant Raincover, which is compatible with Maclaren Carrycot. The stroller is waterproof and protects against SPF 50+, thus a great unit to be carried outdoors without having to worry about the weather. The best way to carry your essentials is to have a stroller organizer.
What is UPPAbaby G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller?
- NEW! 2018 model G-LUXE Stroller
- One-handed actuated recline and adjustable footrest
- Large stretch knit canopy with extendable UPF 50+ sunshade for great sun and wind protection
- Easy to remove washable fabrics
- Included cup holder.Seat Orientation:Forward Facing
UPPAbaby G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller has been one of the favorites amongst parents due to its features and lightweight structure. It is an excellent choice when it comes to a height clearance of 43 inches. It also has a very comfortable cushioned seat with a multiple recline. It is, however, not advisable to be used for infants and new-born.
The flat foot platform gives extra comfort to your growing up kid. Like the Quest stroller, this too has an SPF 50+, which is expandable and provides protection against harsh sun rays. It weighs around 15 pounds and can withstand a weight of 55 pounds. The rubber tires are foam-filled and are 5.5 inches each.
When to use UPPAbaby G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller?
UPPAbaby G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller has a thick, robust framework along with high-performing wheels, just ideal for outside activities. The small baskets on both the strollers allow you to carry the essentials. Even if you get some mud or dirt on it, do not worry; it is machine washable.
The best part is it can stand folded, which means you do not have to bend over every time to pick up. The one-hand features allow quick and easy folding of the unit into a compact umbrella-shaped structure. According to us, this can be a great companion on trips or vacations and daily usage.
Main Differences Between Maclaren Quest Umbrella Stroller and Uppababy G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller
- The age from which the Maclaren Quest Stroller can be used is three months, whereas G-Luxe can be used from 6 months of age
- The handles of UPPAbaby G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller are fixed to a height. Hence, they can be used only by tall individuals.
- The price of Maclaren Quest is very high.
- Maclaren Ques doesn’t have a footrest or foot-stand for extra comfort.
- The most exciting feature, G- Luxe, has an in-built cup holder, which Maclaren quest does not have.
Conclusion & Recommendation
Both the strollers are of premium quality. They both are ideal for active families who like to explore the world. In our opinion, Maclaren Quest Umbrella Stroller truly stands out with its compact yet sturdy features. It comes in a slightly higher price range, but it is worth the investment.
Video of Maclaren Quest Umbrella Stroller
Video of UPPAbaby G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller