Looking for practical Ways To Announce Pregnancy To Family In Person?
Finding out that you’re expecting can be an exhilarating and scary time for the parents to be. Apart from just thinking of all the things you need to get ready for the baby, you also have to figure out how to break the good news to the people closest to you.
Here are some ways to announce pregnancy to family in person and what to keep in mind before you do.
What To Consider Before A Pregnancy Announcement
Due to social media’s broad reach, a pregnancy announcement in person is no longer strictly necessary. In fact, you can just put up a post and reach all your family at once, even if they are not close by. However, if you want to keep it old school, timing is a huge factor.
For one thing, if your family lives far away, you need to figure out a convenient time for you to travel there or for you to go to them. Also, you might also want to wait to share the news until after the first trimester to make sure everything’s okay.
Some mothers also wait until they know the sex of the child before telling anyone. You can also take time to figure out who needs to know first and what you’ll need from them in the future.
Related: Best Camera For Moms
Ways To Announce Pregnancy To Family In Person
Now that you’ve decided that you want to announce your pregnancy to your family in person, it doesn’t have to be boring. Make it a party, get the camera ready, and try one of these fun pregnancy announcement ideas:
- Use balloons, especially when you know whether you’re having a boy or a girl. You can stuff them with blue or pink glitter, and have your family pop them to see what you’re expecting.
- Use your pets to announce the good news. You can tie a banner around their bodies or have them carry a placard with your pregnancy announcement when your family is around.
- Instead of just blurting it out, you can use T-shirts and be a little more subtle. These can be custom made to say that you’re pregnant, and you can wear them around your family. You can also get some made and printed to show how they are related to the baby.
- You can use your sonogram picture as a clue that you’re pregnant. Just replace a visible picture in your house with it when your family is around. You can then share the good news with them once the questions start.
- If you and your family have a sweet tooth, why not use cake? You can have it decorated with baby items, such as a baby bottle and booties. If the cake isn’t your thing, you can also go with baby-shaped candy.
- You can set up a scavenger hunt or a puzzle inside your house where the final reveal is news of your pregnancy. It is something that both the adults and children in your family can enjoy.
Pregnancy is a big deal, and it matters how you tell the people you love about it. If there seem to be countless ways to announce pregnancy to family in person, don’t worry about it! Just try these great tips, and start celebrating new life with your family.