In this article, we’ll review the Britax B Safe 35 VS Chicco KeyFit 30 and see which one comes out on top!
Related: Diono Radian RXT vs Rainier
With so many varieties of options available, buying the perfect car seat for your family can be a daunting task.
Here we have narrowed it down to the two best car seats in the market and will help you choose the perfect one for you.
Both the car seats have their particular positives and negatives.
We believe that no car seat can be perfect, but there is an ideal car seat according to your family’s needs.
We have tried to list out all the pros and cons of both the products keeping full transparency to help you decide based on detailed information on essential genres like safety, price, ease of use, flexibility, added features, size, etc.
What Is Britax B Safe 35?
- 10 years of use: New one4life convertible to booster car seat grows with your child from 5 to 120 pounds & up to 63 inch tall
- Install confidently: With ClickTight installation, you'll know it's right in 3 easy steps
- One4life: Converts from rear facing infant car seat, to forward facing 5 point harness, to high back belt positioning booster
- Britax safety: High strength steel frame, crumple zone help absorb crash energy and patented v-shaped tether
- Full body protection: 2 layers of side impact protection surround the head, neck & torso
Even though it is a bit expensive, the Britax B Safe 35 is a top-rated parent pick for its safety and style.
This car seat secured five stars from The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
This five-star infant car seat is available in five various colors.
This infant seat’s base offers a honeycomb material that squeezes to absorb energy in case of a crash.
The center access point of the latch straps is an advantage for cinching them tight.
The brand takes pride in making car seats that are easy to install.
This car seat provides a base that features the latch technology that makes the straps easy to tighten.
When to Use Britax B Safe 35?
If you want a large sun canopy in your infant car seat or want an extremely easy to install a car seat, theBritax B Safe 35 is the one for you.
It will also be the one if you do not want to compromise on the baby’s safety and comfort.
This car seat even provides you with removable infant heat pad cushions for your infant.
What Is Chicco Keyfit 30?
- Easy to install with recline Sure leveling, ride Right bubble levels, and super Cinch LATCH tightened
- Removable newborn head and body support
- 5-Point harness with one-pull tightened
- Compatible with Chicco strollers for travel system use
Doctors, nurses recommend the Chicco Keyfit 30 to fit and carry small babies so well.
It is a top-rated car seat by Consumer Reports as it passed in the new crash protocol and because of its ease of installation.
The SuperCINCH latch system of the Chicco infant car seat is remarkable for its ease of use.
When to Use Chicco Keyfit 30?
What you will love about this car seat is its compact size and narrow shape, which helps you to fit more than one car seat in the car.
If you want a plushy and comfortable infant insert in your infant car seat, the Chicco Keyfit 30 is the one.
Always get an additional car seat tray for kids, as it really helps to keep them engaged for a long.
If you are a parent to twins, this car seat is exactly what you need cause twins generally weigh slightly lesser than the single ones and are often a little premature.
This car seat has the capability of holding smaller or lighter babies correctly.
Main Difference Between Britax B Safe 35 VS Chicco Keyfit 30
The Britax car seat allows you to carry a baby until it reaches the weight of 35 pounds, while the Chicco car seat allows a max weight of 30 pounds.
- The sun canopy of the Britax B Safe 35 is larger than that of the Chicco KeyFit 30.
- The Britax car seat is seen to have higher ratings than Chicco.
- The Chicco car seat weighs much lesser than the Britax car seat.
Conclusion and Recommendation:
Out of the two infant car seats, the Britax seems to have more pros other than the fact that it is heavier than the Chicco car seat.
Their price difference is not much, with Britax costing a little higher.
Provided the extra features and ratings the Britax B Safe 35 provides, the little extra amount can be paid for having a better car seat.
Britax B Safe 35:
Chicco KeyFit 30:
Best Britax B Safe 35
Best Chicco KeyFit 30