Are you looking for answers on how to lose baby belly after 1 year?
It has been a year since you delivered, but you are yet to get your body back. It is tough, and it can get in the way of a new mum’s confidence.
Luckily, it is never too late to start working on losing that baby belly!
Here’s everything you need to know about losing the baby belly.
Will My Baby Belly Ever Go Away?
There is no denying that pregnancy will cause a lot of body changes.
However, many mothers struggle with weight loss and getting back to their previous body shape. That’s why most wonder whether their belly will ever go away.
That depends. Some mothers will retain their previous body; others might not be sol lucky.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t lose the baby belly.
With time, healthy eating habits, workouts, and dedication, you can get your flat tummy back.
How Can I Reduce My Tummy After 2 Years?
Has it been two years after delivering your little bundle of joy, and you are yet to get your tummy back?
Hard as it sounds that you can lose that tummy, it is pretty possible.
Here’s what you can do:
- Exercise – working out will help in burning fat that has accumulated in the tummy. You can walk, run, jog, or hit the gym.
- Bind the tummy with postpartum belly bands
- Massage – massaging your belly will also help break the excess fat, which releases fluids in the lymph nodes.
- Practicing yoga – is a holistic approach not just for relaxing but also in losing weight. It will help in toning your body.
- Breastfeeding – if you are still breastfeeding, you can keep at it as breastfeeding also helps lose weight.
- Sleep well enough – you need to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Yes, this is a difficult feat to achieve, especially when you have a young one. But, it is key to relaxing and shedding the fat in your belly. Talk to your partner and loved ones so they can help with the baby and other house chores. This way, you will have more time to sleep and relax.
How Do You Get a Flat Stomach After Having a Baby?
As stated earlier, some mothers are left struggling with baby belly after delivering. If this is you, there is something to do about it:
- Start postnatal fitness routines early enough. If you delivered via CS, you should consult your doctor first to avoid aggravating your CS incision.
- Wearing a postpartum griddle
- Go for walks
- Get postpartum massages
- Eat healthy foods
- Start practicing yoga
How To Lose Baby Belly After 1 Year
It has been one year since you delivered, and you do not have your flat belly back. There is no need to be hard on yourself.
The first year after delivery is tough for any mum. It makes sense that you were focusing more on the baby and not how to lose weight.
Now that you are ready, it is time to get going and bring your flat belly back:
See a related post: How To Get Rid Of Loose Belly Skin
1. Eat Well
You need to eat healthy foods, especially when breastfeeding, to ensure your baby gets the necessary nutrients.
However, you also need to ensure that your diet allows you to stay healthy and lose weight.
Yes, you have a bar of chocolate and some fries, but it must remain minimal.
Instead, have foods that have high fiber content and proteins. These include veggies, nuts, fruits, cereals, and lean meat.
2. Start Getting The Right Workout
Running, jogging, or even jumping ropes will help you lose weight.
But, if you want to lose that belly fat, you need to get workout routines that target your belly and the muscles in that area.
Apart from the usual dancing, walking, jogging, and jump roping, you also need to start strength training and resistance training.
These will not only help in burning fat but in tightening the muscles around your belly. This way, your belly will be flat with no saggy skin after losing weight.
- Planks – targets your abdomen’s core muscles
- Transverse holds – these will strengthen the muscles around your transverse abdominis
- Bridges – these targets your external obliques and rectus abdominis
3. Use Collagen Powders
One of the reasons you have a baby belly is that your skin doesn’t have enough elasticity to snap back to its initial state.
The leading cause of this is the lack of enough collagen in your body.
If you have changed your diet, are getting enough exercise but are yet to get a flat belly, consider getting collagen powder.
Collagen helps repair the skin’s elasticity, which can help tighten the skin around your belly.
However, you should talk to your physician before you start taking supplements.
Alternatively, you can add foods high in collagen to your diet. These include yogurt, gelatin, oatmeal, smoothies, coffee, and soup.
4. Get a Physical Therapist
If you are worried that you cannot do it on your own, hiring a physical therapist with experience with postpartum weight loss is best.
They will ensure that you stay accountable and work with you to target the necessary areas that help you lose your baby belly.
And there you have it, how to lose baby belly after 1 year.
While you can start working on getting your body a few weeks or months after delivering, beginning a year later is not a big deal.
All you need to do is have a diet and workout plan, and you are good o go.
In addition, you can use supplements with collagen to help your skin increase its elasticity.
We would also recommend working with a physical therapist. This way, they can provide you with the best routines and diets that work specifically for you.
Iesha is a loving mother of 2 beautiful children. She’s an active parent who enjoys indoor and outdoor adventures with her family. Her mission is to share practical and realistic parenting advice to help the parenting community becoming stronger.
The Mothers Community is a place to connect with women who are at a similar stages in life–from fertility, pregnancy and motherhood through to menopause.
Join a community who are there to listen, share information and offer valuable advice. Join Community
Take matters into your own hands! Expert advice for Fertility, Pregnancy and Motherhood! Discover More Here